Bring back the good old days. Vibrant Streets. Self sufficiency.
How do we strengthen our communities to be more vibrant and sustainable? The focus of this session is on the physical infrastructure and environment within the Black communities.
Core topics include:
- Transportation & mobility: The connectivity of Black Miami neighborhoods to the region’s major centers for commerce, employment and culture.
- Environment & sustainability: How sea-level rise affects the Black communities and increasing access to green spaces.
- Housing: Housing affordability that accommodates the diversity of income-levels – from low-income to professionals – so that we create a local environment for live, work, and play.
- Commerce: Facilitating greater ownership of residential and commercial real estate, and promoting Black Miami to investors who respect the culture.
Moderator: Barron Channer – Bach Real Estate
- Daniella Pierre – Chair, NAACP Housing
- Commissioner Dennis C. Moss – Miami-Dade County, District 9
- Mayor Oliver G. Gilbert – City of Miami Gardens